Solar Powered Pool Pump
Pool Pumping Costs Gone Forever!
Running an electric swimming pool pump, particularly during the day, is one of the largest energy costs to your household. Depending on the size of your pool, to run a standard 1.5HP 240 volt AC pump can cost anywhere from $600 to $2000 in electricity every year and can be one of the highest domestic contributors to greenhouse gas emissions.
No Maintenance & Rust Free
New solar pool pumps that run on DC electricity without the need for an inverter are now available. They typically require two to four solar panels and use brushless technology making them maintenance free. Rust issues have also been addressed so they have high life expectancy. They pay for themselves in around three to six years then you are pumping your pool free forever!
Our Product Choice
We have researched the market and are currently supplying two pumps. The German Lorentz pump which was one of the first on the market in Australia and the Sunsmart 500 which is the Australian competitor product. The Sunsmart pump is very good value for money
Indicative Features of the two Solar Pumps
- Pool water circulates through filter system and thermal collectors
- Flow rate is 14 m3/h. Max flow rate 17m3/h on the Sunsmart
- Pump speed adjustable to reduce flow rate to approx. 30 %
- Surface mounted with no submerged electronic parts
- Brushless, maintenance-free DC motor with no electronics
- Maximum efficiency 92 % (motor + controller)
- Protection against reverse polarity, overload and high temperature
- Integrated Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)