Solar Powered Electric Vehicle Charger
There is currently only one EV charger available in Australia (the Zappi) that can guarantee you are using only solar generated energy to charge your car. Other EV chargers will allow you to charge from the grid. In fact, you will have to in most cases. Worldwide there is only one solar EV charger that is integrated into a solar inverter. This is made by SolarEdge and will be available from Solarpro as soon as we get it in Australia.
Zappi Electric Vehicle Charger
Zappi works like an ordinary EV charging point. However, it has two special eco charging modes to benefit people with grid-tied micro-generation systems such as solar power. The two modes automatically adjust charging current in response to home power generation and household power consumption. In FAST charge mode, zappi operates like an ordinary EV charging station.
- Available with Type 1 or Type 2 connector
- 3 charging modes: ECO, ECO+ & FAST
- Optimises micro-generation self-consumption
- Works with solar PV or wind turbine systems
- Economy tariff sense input
- Programmable timer function
- Charge and event logging
- Remote control and monitoring add-on option
- Pin-code lock function
- Tap operated display back-light
- Built-in RCD protection
- Integral cable holster
- Supplied with clip-on grid current sensor
SolarEdge EV Charger with Solar Inverter
With SolarEdge’s EV charging single phase inverter you can charge your EV directly from the solar power you produce to further reduce electricity bills.
The combined HD Wave Solar Inverter and EV charger removes the need for a standalone charger as well as a solar PV inverter and enables integration with the SolarEdge monitoring platform.
- Reduces costs of installing separately a standalone EV charger and a Solar PV inverter
- An EV-ready solution, future-proofed for new EV purchase or replacement, and compatible with multiple EV connectors
- Maximises self-consumption by using excess solar for EV charging
- Fully integrated with the SolarEdge monitoring platform (monitoring connection is also required for first-time EV charging)
- Built-in meter enables separate tracking of EV power usage for visibility and control
- 12-year warranty, extendable to 20 or 25 years
- Demand-Response ready
- To configure the charger via the monitoring app, Ethernet or ZigBee® connection is required
- Mobile connection may be used. It requires a SIM card with a 1GB data plan from the mobile phone provider
Solarpro is delighted to provide EV chargers, solar power systems and storage batteries to support the increased use of fully electric vehicles powered by the sun. Many of our customers are already installing extra solar panels or more efficient panels such as LG NeONs in preparation for vehicle price drops and government plans for more EV charging stations.