Solar Hot Water Installation Process
We then double screw the stainless steel mounting straps to the rafter and mould the strap to the profile of the tile. This prevents any water leaking into the roof. The tiles then go back down in their original position.
Then the plumbing is fitted to the panels and connected to the flow/return lines down to the tank on the ground. We only use high quality copper pipe work, never cheap plastic.
Once ready we use UV rated pipe lagging to reduce heat loss. This is rarely used by installers due to its cost but we don’t cut corners here. Cheap or unprotected lagging will deteriorate after a year or so. Heat loss will cause the pump to over work reducing the life of it.
The tank is then installed which is a gas boosted system. A pipe duct is fitted to protect the two pipes which run up the wall.
We then test and commission the system.
Quality at No Extra Cost
- We use quality copper pipes
- Quality manifolds
- 13mm wall pipe lagging reduces heat loss
- Pipe work hidden in discreet pipe ducts/wall’s cavity
- UV proof solar pipe lagging on exposed pipes on roof
- Labour as well as products is guaranteed
- Solarpro’s owner, David Veal is a specialist solar plumber by trade
- Repeat contracts for local governments
- Commercial as well as residential installations
- Certified eco-plumber
- Solarpro was independently assessed by the Alternative Technology Association and made a preferred supplier of the ClimateClever Shop for hot water systems